North Charleston Creative Arts Elementary (NCCAE) offers high-quality teaching that exceeds the state standards and the district’s core curriculum, while integrating the arts and creative disciplines across all subject areas. The curriculum includes visual arts, music, and drama instruction that applies and reinforces traditional elementary subjects. Hands-on activities allow students to thrive as facilitators and leaders in a child-centered educational environment. Through a variety of partnerships with local businesses, non-profits, and governmental agencies, NCCAE offers students countless opportunities-including field trips and lessons taught by arts professionals-designed to connect what they learn in the classroom to the real world.
As a partial magnet school, NCCAE has an attendance zone. Seats are also available for applicants who live outside of this zone, but reside in District 4 (including the city of North Charleston) and Charleston County. During the 2012-2013 academic year, the school will have Kindergarten, first grade, and second grade classes. It will eventually expand to the fifth grade.
Applying for the 2012-2013 School Year
- Completed applications (Parts A & B) should be submitted to NCCAE by Friday, December 2, 2011. All mailed applications should be postmarked by this date.
- Please keep this page for your records.
- Application materials may be hand delivered, faxed to (843) 577-1680, or mailed to 1600 Saranac St., North Charleston, SC 29405.
- CCSD will provide transportation for students who live in District 4. Please call (843) 720-2967 or visit www.CCSDSchools.com for more information.
- If contact or student information changes after the application is submitted, parents are responsible for calling (843) 720-2967 and making those changes.